Minnesota’s Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) are leading a transformative effort to promote and support a culture of self-managed health and well-being in Minnesota.
Juniper is a network of community organizations delivering evidence-based programs to help people manage chronic health conditions, prevent falls and foster well-being. By taking an active role in their health and well-being, Juniper program participants experience improved health and quality of life, reducing the need for costly medical interventions.
Juniper is also building the infrastructure necessary to support an expanded network of new partnerships — among health systems, payers, public health and community-based organizations — broadening the statewide reach and impact of evidence-based health programs.
The Juniper hub is currently contracting with more than 50 organizations to provide evidence-based health promotion programs. In the past eighteen months 115 programs have been completed across the state. For information about Juniper programs in your area, contact your regional AAA.
To further spread and scale these programs, the seven Minnesota AAAs are forming regional collaborations among healthcare providers, health plans, long-term care and housing providers, community based organizations and other stakeholders. If you are interested in helping to shape and lead efforts in your area, contact your regional AAA.
As managing partner for Juniper, Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging provides management information systems, contractual support, data analysis and overall project management. For more information about Juniper, contact Nora Slawik.
Through a growing number of partnerships and Juniper’s virtual infrastructure currently being developed, Juniper will:
- Increase the number, variety and location of evidence-based health programs offered across the state.
- Offer an easy-to-use, online listing and registration portal of all available evidence-based classes by type, date and location.
- Organize the recruitment, training, and certification of program leaders.
- Develop a quality framework and process to ensure consistent delivery of evidence-based programs.
- Facilitate the secure collection, sharing, evaluation and reporting of program and participant data for Juniper partners.
- Engage health systems and payers in making programs affordable to all potential participants, thereby improving clinical outcomes for their patients and members.
- Create a virtual learning community through yourjuniper.org.
Minnesota’s seven Area Agencies on Aging are focal points for helping individuals live well as they age in their communities. They help older adults; the communities in which they live; and the public, nonprofit and private organizations that support them come together to foster positive aging.