This ongoing exercise class helps you increase strength, balance and fitness and incorporate active movement into your everyday life.
About the class
This twenty-four session class meetings either twice or three times a week for one hour. This class is designed to reduce the risk of falling for participants. You’ll learn how to perform exercises that improve strength, balance and fitness. This class can accommodate mobility difficulty as exercises can be done seated or standing.
Stay Active and Independent for Life ® is an evidence-based program developed in Washington state with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
“The class got me exercising daily. Now I am more confident walking and going up and down stairs. It’s helping me continue to live independently.”
— Stay Active and Independent for Life class participant
Benefits of the class
- Become stronger, have better balance, and feel better
- Stay active, independent, and prevent falls
- Learn from experienced instructors who teach exercises that have been tested with older adults
- Make new friends
- Provide support and encouragement to your peers
Who should take the class
This class is for any adult with a fear or history of falling. It is particularly suited for people who:
- Want to improve strength and mobility
- Are looking for a class that provides structure and accountability
- Want ongoing opportunities for social connection.
All Juniper Classes