While aging is inevitable, every person is unique. What does aging well look like to you? For many of us, aging well involves staying in our homes and our community. Consider these tips to age healthy and independently.
6 tips to age well at home:
Keep yourself healthy and living independently at home!
- Eat right. Reduce your risk of diabetes and heart disease by avoiding processed meat and packaged foods. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats and whole grains.
- Do more activities. Improve your brain involvement by doing activities such as dancing, painting, singing or writing.
- Stay connected. Maintain healthy relationships with friends and family. Studies found people who have close relationships live the longest.
- Live smart. There are many ways to live smarter as you age. Examples include: covering up when outside and avoiding too much sun, making sure you take your prescribed medications, choosing a car that isn't too low to the ground or with multiple buttons, and practicing balance and strength to avoid falls.
- Make goals. Decide on long and practical goals to keep you going and excited. Practical goals could include creating a backyard garden, mastering a language or learning how to play an instrument.
- Keep moving. Consider taking Juniper classes to stay active, independent and feeling your best. Age well and take charge of your life!
Join our upcoming Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance Information Session
Tai Ji Quan helps improve balance and reduce the likelihood of falling. Participants learn balance skills, good body alignment, and coordinated Tai Ji movements. Tai Ji Quan is good for all ability levels, as it can be done standing or seated. This information session gives you a FREE chance to try it and see if this class is for you.
Tuesday, May 30, at 10:15 a.m.
Register for this information session online or call us at 1-855-215-2174.