Let's wrap up Speech and Hearing Awareness Month by celebrating World Hearing Day! Consider some tips to keep your ears healthy and avoid deafness and hearing loss.
How do you keep your ears healthy?
- In noisy places, make sure you're wearing earplugs
- Go to the doctor regularly and check your hearing
- If you have prescribed hearing aids, be sure you're wearing them
- See your doctor if you are having problems with hearing
- Put cotton balls, oil, sticks or pens inside your ears
- Swim or wash in dirty water
- Listen to music too loudly
- Share your earphones or earbuds with others