"Over the long-term, laughter can improve your immune system, relieve pain and improve your mood." — Mayo Clinic
Laughter is wonderful for your physical and mental health. It can soothe stress and improve your immune system. Most laughter doesn't come from hearing a joke, it comes from interacting with friends and family.
The holiday season is a great time to spend more time with the people you love. Here are some ideas for including more fun and laughter in your holiday gatherings:
- Schedule the time. The holiday season gets busy, so make sure you're spending time with those you care about by scheduling time together.
- Make it a contest. Challenge one another's athleticism with some winter Olympic-themed activities or your creativity with a baking challenge. Even if the baked goods are inedible, you'll walk away with some fun memories.
- Showcase your talents. Host a karaoke or sing-along night.
- Bust out a new board game. Start a new tradition. Buy or borrow a new board game for your group to learn together.
- Put away your phone. Be present with those you love.
Learn more about how laughter can benefit you from the Mayo Clinic.