Sleep is important at every age. Some things, like chronic pain, make it harder to sleep as we age.
Try these 6 tips for better sleep:
- Go to bed at the same time every night.
- Have a bedtime routine – the routine will tell your body it's time to wind down.
- Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends.
- Avoid caffeine for 4 hours before bedtime.
- Get out in the sun every day to help keep your body clock on track.
- Move your body. Regular exercise can help you sleep more soundly.
Source: Living Well with Chronic Pain