An advanced version of the Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance class, this class deepens the practice of tai ji quan.
About the class
Participants must complete the Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® beginner class before registering for this class. The twelve-week class meets two or three times a week for one hour and builds on the knowledge and experience participants have gained from the beginner class. The emphasis is on providing participants an enhanced experience with additional challenges using the 8 tai ji quan forms, Mini-therapeutic Movements® and variations to further develop strength, flexibility, balance and postural control.
Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® is an evidence-based fall prevention
program developed by Fuzhong Li, Ph.D., Senior Scientist at the Oregon Research Institute.
"The class made me aware of the importance of mindfulness in all activities and slowing down and breathing correctly and knowing my comfort zone."
— Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance
Benefits of the class
- Build strength and increase postural control and range of motion
- Increase awareness of body positioning
- Control your center of gravity to prevent falls
- Maintain functional capabilities that will help you remain independent
- Make rewarding social connections
Who should take the class
This class is for those wishing to continue with their practice of tai ji quan movements beyond the beginning class. It is particularly suited for people who:
- Want to improve strength and mobility
- Have had a history of falls or are concerned about falls
- Have an abnormal gait or difficulty walking
- Have Parkinson's Disease
All Juniper Classes